divendres, 2 de març del 2012

Oral presentation Research's project


Hello my name is Cristina Malirach and today I will explain us my research’s Project tituled “The new Catalan pop and rock groups”.

Why did I chose this subject?

This subject was on the list provided by the teachers. My tutor suggested that fist I decided which subject I wanted to do my work on, and after talk to this subject’s teachers. I wanted do something about catalan. I went to talk with my teacher Anna and we decided to choose rock and pop to analise the groups and their songs, however Anna had to leave the school and I had a new teacher, Auxi and she is a music teacher.
Finally we changed the idea and for the practical I created a song, using the parameters that Catalan groups use.
On the other hand, since I was little I have loved very much music, because I played the violin, but moreover I really love Catalan music like “els Pets”, Lax’n’busto, or Sopa de Cabra and these groups were the music I grew up with.

Objectives

To make the theme I chose suitable academically for a research paper I proposed the following four objectives. The first and second were theory objectives.
1. To learn about the history of popular music in Catalunya, since 50’ years to the 90’.
2. The second objective was to know the musical route some of the new catalan groups had taken
The third and fourth objectives were practical
3. Explain how make a song, what are the steps to take and what to find to realize a catchy melody.
4. And the last was to create a song like the groups of my theory part.

Methodology

To make this work I used a very basic method in which I combined the theoretical with the practical section so that I do not bored. First I started looking for the information on new groups, and I choose this 5: Vuit, Teràpia de Shock, Els amics de les Arts, Mishima and Manel. Of these groups I find: the year of creation, the gender, the origin, the members, the because of the group’s name and other things like these.
After that, I started with the history of Catalan music, where I gathered information from groups such as Sau, Lax’n’busto or Els pets. Moreover the history started the 50’ years, and I can knowed a lot of groups like Setze Jutges or Raimon, wich were very popular in catalunya.

The practical

My practical part consists of three parts: first how to create a song, compose a song, and finally the themes used in the songs.
With the first part, I didn’t find information anywhere, and my tutor was helping me, and finally we found a south American site that explains step by step. After kwnowed this information, I had to learn it to compose my own song. This second part was to analyze the song Dorm of VUIT’S group to extract agreements, melody and rhythm and then change the lyrics for my own lyrics (because to make a whole song was too hard for me and I didn’t have enough knowledge to do it).
And finally the last part I explained that the theme more used in the songs is love, but is not the only, there are many themes like revolution or friendship.




Conclusions

My first objective was to learn about the history of popular music in Catalunya, since 50’ years to the 90’, and I can knowed this and much more, because I can knowed all the problems that Catalan had in that time, and all the repression suffered.
My second objective was to know the musical route some of the new catalan groups had taken, and through this research I learned that these groups were created years ago, but were not made know until 4-5 years ago. I also noticed that catalan music isn’t in crisis, but the market itself yes.
Finally my two practical objectives to know how a song and do it, I can only say that it was very rewarding for me do it.

Annexes

Finally, in the appendices of my research’s project you can find the interview with the band Teràpia de Shock, and the personal profile oh each group member that I could do.

Thanks for your attention, and If you have any question I try to answered.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada